Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting advertised broadband speed

FIXED
malser
Hooked

Not getting advertised broadband speed

I have been with Plusnset since 2008.  Having taken out a new 18 month contact for fibre broadband, I was told I should now get speeds of about 34Mbps download and about 10Mbps upload.  The new router was installed and I have left it 14 days to "bed-in" but as the screenshot shows I'm getting very slightly better download speed than I was using ordinary broadband.

I have a new Plusnet Hub One router and have had a new master 'phone socket installed by BT Openreach on the day the router arrived as I had problems connecting to the Internet and the 'phone also stopped working!  The router is directly plugged into the master socket and the engineer said his own test showed 40Mbps download.

Any reason why the download speed is so dire using fibre and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Not getting advertised broadband speed

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @malser

It looks like your account is still stuck on an ADSL profile on our end.

Unfortunately, due to a system issue, we aren't able to update this until your phone call plan change goes through.

I'm monitoring this for you and as soon as I know more I'll update the open ticket on your account

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team