cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router

Bryan63

No router

Moved from bt on Monday and here I am on Wednesday still with no router so no broadband, beginning to think I made a mistake moving to Plusnet, I signed up to the move back in middle of April so why are the routers not sent out earlier instead of at the last minute or in my case not at all? It’s bad enough in lockdown without now having no internet or streaming.
How long is reasonable a wait especially after bt took £48 payment the day before I switched and Plusnet had there £35 on Monday so I have paid £83 this week and have no usable broadband.
Not happy
Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: No router

@Bryan63  do you still have your bt supplied router ? If it's a Home hub 5 or smart hub then you can use it with Plusnet with some simple configuration. See this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673

The instructions in there are equally applicable to the home hub 5

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bryan63

Yeah I tried that yesterday but messed it up, I put the password into the admin section by mistake and now it won’t let me do anything, just want my new hub but thinking it’s got lost in post cause it was posted on 29th April so should be here by now, just don’t know what to do about it I called customer service but was told to give it till Friday but as it’s bank holiday this Friday there’s no post , that takes it into next week then... getting worried I made big mistake moving
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Press the factory reset button on the bt router and it will go back to defaults. Then you can try again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bryan63

Well been messing around for almost an hour now and still can’t get this bt hub to work, get green light followed by flashing purple then red but no blue light and it won’t accept the admin code so I give up... just have to wait longer for my new Plusnet hub to arrive, appreciate the attempted help though guess I’m useless at tech
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@Bryan63 

The Smarthub 6 is a.better device than the Plusnet offerings so it's worth persisting.

There are a couple of things that can cause problems.

In the past there was a problem if a special character was used in the Plusnet password. I understand that this has now been resolved with more recent firmware updates. The other problem is that people do not follow the instructions correctly and plug the DSL cable in before instructed.

If you try again keep the factory reset button closed for about 30 seconds and don't plug the DSL cable in until you have finished inputting your Plusnet username and password and the router is trying to connect.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Bryan63  Have you looked at the sticky thread above yours - https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673/ju...  its a simple guide to entering your username and password into a BT Hub 6 - the Hub 5 is similar.

It is not rocket science and will save a bit of waiting. Actually the BT Hub 6 is better than the PN one anyway.

Ahm beaten too it by @Baldrick1