cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No plusnet router, need help with old one?

EffyShaw

No plusnet router, need help with old one?

Gone live today but no plusnet router as of yet (I'm not considering phoning about it until today's post has been,) so I'm wanting to know how to user my old talk talk one.

I've seen other people ask and they've had help but I don't have anything to connect to the router physically; the only thing we have right now that uses the net is our phones and a firestick.

Can anyone help me figure out how to switch it to my actual live broadband, please?

Also, please treat me like an absolute ignoramus, as I haven't got a single clue what anyone means when they use technical terms or whatnot! Lol
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: No plusnet router, need help with old one?

so I'm wanting to know how to user my old talk talk one.

I'm afraid its extremely unlikely that you'll be able to use an old talk talk router. Their routers are usually 'locked' to talk talk and therefore cannot be configured with your Plusnet details

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EffyShaw

Re: No plusnet router, need help with old one?

I've seen some people say this and then others say it can be done and things have been solved. 😧
Holding out hope you're mistaken haha because no TV with 2 kids is a nightmare I was told wouldn't happen. T_T