cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to media stream to anything from my PC with Hub One.

FIXED
votemarvel
Hooked

No longer able to media stream to anything from my PC with Hub One.

I'm a new customer to PlusNet, just yesterday in fact. In the brief time I've been a member I've found the speed to be great and the router has functions that I would find useful.

However there is a problem with the Plusnet Hub One which is of great concern to me, I can't stream media any longer from my PC.

Neither my Sony Bravia SmartTV, Xbox One or 360, will not see my PC as a source of media. Either from Windows Media or my prefered Universal Media Server.

These devices are all in different parts of my house, so I can access my media wherever I am, so the router not allowing these connections is a huge pain as the only place I can watch or listen at the moment is while sitting at my computer desk.

Is there a setting I need to alter, a firmware update to install, or am I better of just going back to my previous router which worked flawlessly for this.

The Hub One has some great features I'd like to make use of but not at the expense of only being able to use my media in one room.

6 REPLIES 6
votemarvel
Hooked

Re: No longer able to media stream to anything from my PC with Hub One.

Well 33 views and no-one has an idea.

I'm going to have to suck it up and put my old router back on.

Thanks to those who viewed

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

What media server are you using? I have both a Plex and a Kodi install running behind a Hub One and I have no problems accessing either from other devices on the network Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

votemarvel
Hooked

I am using Universal Media Server, it is no longer detected by either Sony SmartTV, Xbox One or 360. I installed Plex but it isn't seen by any of the devices either.

The Hub One is the only change on the network and all the devices are connected via Ethernet. Each device is seen on the Hub One's setting page but the media streaming just won't work. It is as if any server does not exist.

votemarvel
Hooked

I've now gone through and set all the ports manually for the Xbox 360, and still nothing.

Genuinely frustrated about losing so much media functionality with the Hub One.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix

Just a thought, but is the Windows network set to private, allowing discovery and is file/server sharing enabled? Sometimes, when I put a new router in, the Windows networking will revert to defaults as it sees the new device as a new network. Been stung by it a few times.

Might be worth rebooting the Windows PC if you haven't already to see if you get a systray notification about re-enabling network discovery?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

votemarvel
Hooked

Well don't I just feel like a gigantic floppy willy now.

I would have never thought to go into All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings and then down to All Networks to the Media Sharing option (I'd forgotten it was there,)

Now seems to be all up and running.

Thanks for helping this idiot .