cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet light on router hub

Sylvia09

No internet light on router hub

Hey,

my router came a week ago and I have set it up correctly but the internet light is not working, the WiFi shows up on my phone and laptop but i can not connect with it, I’ve reset it multiple times, done all of the fixes the help on the website says.

after looking through the forum a little I found a guy had the same problem and a member of staff informed him that there was a fault on his phone line, I think this has happened here.. how do I get it sorted out ?

Thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: No internet light on router hub

Hi @Sylvia09 

I've tested your line, there is no Phone Fault present. 

I performed a test on the broadband side of things, and the router is achieving sync with our network, but there is no registered PPP session. 

I know you have said that you've tried a few things before contacting us, however, I have performed a few actions on your account after running the tests which could help. Could you try resetting the router for us again now? 

Let us know if this doesn't work and will will pick it up again and investigate further. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Sylvia09

Hello,

I have just reset the router and the internet light is still off and now the Broadband light is flickering on and off

Thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

I'm really sorry to hear that @Sylvia09 

Could you please raise a fault here so we can investigate this further and raise to our suppliers if needed? 

Thanks, 

MoR

Sylvia09

Thank you, I have one question, the first question says"Our records show your broadband's supplied on (numbers), is this correct?"

Where can I find this information? Thanks!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Sylvia09,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can find your telephone number here.

Thanks.

Sylvia09

Thank you again,

one more thing, the second question asks me to pick up the telephone and listen for a few moments but I do not have a landline telephone, how should I answer this?

Thanks

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You could pick up a telephone for £6-10 from your local Argos/Supermarket/DIY store.

If you have a noisey phone line, then you will have poor broadband speeds, it will quickly help identify if you have phone line or broadband problem, potentially saving you a call out charge of £65.

You may also be able to borrow one from a neighbour.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @syvlia09 the advise @Mustrum has given is pretty solid in this situation. It'll help us pick up anything we can't from external tests this side.

Ta.

Sylvia09

Hello,

I bought a phone and went through the ticket and it turns out that the problem isn’t broadband it is the phone line, no noise comes out and when I clicked on the link to test phone line it said error , not sure what to do now but I would assume an engineer will come out to fix the problem?
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Sylvia09,

I've tested the line today and I haven't been able to detect a fault, though I can see that there appears to be an authentication error stopping the router from connecting to the internet. Before we go down the route of fixing that however, we'd need to resolve any issues with the phone line. Please could you go through our online troubleshooting guide, here. If this doesn't resolve the problem then please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Sylvia09

Hello,

I’ve gone through all of the troubleshoot problems and it still doesn’t work, I would appreciate your help as I need it sorting out as soon as I can due to university and other commitments

Thanks!
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @Sylvia09,

When you plugged your phone line into the master socket did you hear any dial tones? If not we'll need you to remove the face-plate and get connected into the test socket and pick up the handset to see if that has made a difference. If that doesn't work we'll need to go down the engineer route. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Sylvia09

I removed the face plate and tried again and sadly I hear no dial tones from the phone
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Sylvia09 

We'll need to arrange an engineer to investigate this further. To make things easier I've created a support ticket on your account you can view and reply to online from Here. If you can let us know once you've responded with your availability, we'll be happy to pick this back up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet