Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newmodem router suggestions

FIXED
John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Newmodem router suggestions

Hi

I'm thinking about replacing my Plusnet Hub1. I'm considering getting a BT Smart Hub 6, (Ebay around £30 for a new one) but was just checking that the instructions given on here will also work with Fee-online. Does anyone know?

John

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Newmodem router suggestions

Fix

@John_Hull 

As far as I am aware it will work but why buy a 'new' one, whatever 'new'' means? For over a year now BT are charging customers who do not return Smarthubs so one still in it's pachaging is in all probability at least 14 months old.

Used ones are much cheaper and as long as you follow the factory reset instructions included in the setting instructions pinned near the top of this board will work just as well.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Hi Baldrick

Thanks for the really quick response. My only reasoning was that I don't know how old a used one is, or what sort of conditions it's been used in. at least a "new" one, still in its packaging, is a known quantity. I hadn't realised that BT were charging for equipment not returned, although now that you mention it, my son is a BT customer, and he has said that he doesn't own the router (or any of the mesh units), so that will be the reason.

I'll certainly rethink the "new" bit, but for £30 it seems quite a good price.

John

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

I posted HERE about HH6 and Ebay. (TG rule - never bid until the final 5 seconds!)

Agree £30 is not bad for a brand new one but I have never had a router fail and would put the extra money to something even more upmarket that I cannot afford new!

John_Hull
Aspiring Pro

Hi

Just an update really. The Hub 6 arrived (at £29 I'm happy with that).  I followed Baldrick's excellent instructions, with a few minor issues, that I managed to work around. Primarily, there was no save button for the log in details, and just leaving the page didn't cause it to save either. I clicked on Connect and that did it. I've turned the hub off and on again since then, and it seemed to be OK.

did have issues connecting my smart home devices (nothing to do with the Hub 6), and I'll probably do a post on that, in case it's useful for anyone else..

I haven't separated out the channels. I'll consider it, if I have issues with connections, but for now, I'm all good, thanks for your help and suggestions.

John