cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router

Xandrawillis
Hooked

New router

Hi, I’ve been using Plusnet for over 2 years now and I signed up again for a contract again in August but I wasn’t sent a new router and my internet hasn’t been working right for about 2 weeks now. I was told it could be down to my old router no longer working and I could be sent a new one but I’m not sure how to go about it?
6 REPLIES 6
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: New router

Surprised no one has responded.

I believe if you have renewed your contract in the last 3 months, then Plusnet will send out a new router for free. You may have to pay postage.   Speak to Customer Options team.   If I'm wrong, someone will no doubt correct me.

Do your ethernet wired devices suffer from loss of internet access too ?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @Xandrawillis Smiley I can see since this post that you've spoke to someone on the phone, who advised you about your wireless connection. You can view this here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Xandrawillis
Hooked

Hi yes I did the steps she told me to do but it’s still not working I’m constantly being kicked off and having to redo this. I’m living in the same house and the router is in the same exact place I was when I first signed up to plusnet and I don’t understand why suddenly it’s not working right when before it connected no problem.
Xandrawillis
Hooked

Thank you bill! I’ll try and get in contact with them for a new one
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Xandrawillis - I've just pushed an update to your router that may help. You'll need to switch it off/back on again at your side to apply the update.

Let me know how you get on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Xandrawillis
Hooked

Hiya! Thanks very much I restarted the router a couple days ago and it’s helped a bit, i still do get the can’t connect messages as I did before but it has become less frequently!