cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router

Tezzab6061

New router

Hi. I have been with Plusnet for a while now and my plusnet router has final died. I phoned Plusnet and was quoted £99.99 for a new one!!!! So any advice on an alternative for cheaper or is it best to just leave Plusnet and go to another provider for a free router?
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: New router

At £99, sounds like you are may be on fibre ?

Plusnet usually offer a free router (Hub One for fibre) if you are out of contract and agree to renew.  Try speaking to Customer Options team.

Otherwise, you can pick up a new/used Plusnet Hub One for around a tenner on eBay, but be aware some customers have problems with 5 GHz wireless since last software update.  See the other threads in this forum on the subject.

A BT Smart Hub is a better option for a few quid more.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: New router

Hi @tezzab,

I'm sorry that your router has stopped working and that you were told that it would cost you £99.99 for a new one. I've had a look into this and can confirm that you are actually eligible for a free router as there is enough time left on your current contract. I'm sorry that you were misadvised and I will pass on feedback regarding this.

We'd normally charge £6.99 postage and packaging for the new router, as your original router is out of its 12 month warranty period. However, I've waived this as a goodwill gesture due to the poor experience that you had when you called us and the inconvenience that not having a working router has caused. You should receive the new router within the next 3-5 working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team