Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router?

FIXED
janeybeans
Grafter

New router?

We've been a Plusnet Fibre customer since 2012 and we're still using the original router that was supplied, a Technicolour TG582n.  

Husband is working from home at the moment and has tried to set work phone via VOIP and it doesn't work with this router (don't ask me what the reason is, his IT guy said he spoke to Plusnet and they told them these routers don't have the right tech). 

I've spoken to Plusnet chat who say that as we're not out of contract until June we can't get an updated router unless we pay £106.99. 

Couple of questions - could we argue that as we've not had a new router since 2012 (despite renewing contract at least once since then) we should be entitled to get one 'free' now? 

And if not, can anyone recommend a router that we could buy that won't cost the earth that will be decent and work with VOIP. 

Many thanks, 

Jane 

4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: New router?

Hi Jane,

There are plenty of cheaper options than that.

You could look at a cheap PlusNet Hub One from eBay, or a BT Homehub too which will work on PlusNet.

I can't comment on how it'll work on VOIP, as I don't use it. Someone who knows this better than me I'm sure will can.

janeybeans
Grafter

Thanks, hadn't even thought of looking on Ebay, have seen a few on there so will have a proper look later.  Husband's IT guy (who is also with Plusnet) said that particular one should work, having tested it out himself at home, so hopefully that should do.  It's only for a few weeks until he can drive again (foot op) so don't want to shell out a fortune. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Hi Janey I'm Ollie.

Could you PM me your account details so that I can look into this for you.

Speak soon!

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for your time on the telephone today it has been a pleasure.

I'm glad we have come to a resolution for you and should you need any further assistance don't hesitate to get back in touch.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!