Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Awful signal

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New customer - Awful signal

Apologies that you haven't received a response yet, we'll make sure that gets chased up.

Can you let us know if you experience the same problems if you use a wired rather than a wireless connection to your devices?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Angela2

Hello I'm not able to use a wired connection so I've no idea if that would improve things.
The person dealing with my complaint promised to send me a new router to try but that still hasn't arrived even though I've chased it up. Can you please check on that for me?
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,

I've ensured the new router is on the way to you, apologies this hasn't arrived yet. I'm going to be honest and say that it's unlikely a replacement identical router would resolve the problems you're having. Unfortunately wireless isn't something that can be guaranteed and we really would need the connection testing on a wired connection to see if the same issue occurs.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

WI-Fi can depend on your property structure, walls etc. Also what Wi-Fi networks your neighbours may be using, usually you let the router choose, but sometimes it helps to change manually. Obviously how far away you are from it (I'm sure you know that one!). If it is practical to do so move the router and your computer (if it is as big as my PC - it is not. Note to self: Never buy an EATX motherboard again). Depends if you use a small desktop or laptop.

As has been said, it would be best to check on a wired connection. This just rules out it being your connection and router being at fault.

Also, check the quality on a different device, such as a mobile phone, and see if you notice any difference. If you don't it would point to the router and the location. 

I must admit the signal strength on the Hub One is good, and far better than the Thomson. I am not saying that to gloat and I know it doesn't help you, but that is why I suspect unless your old router is faulty you may have to experiment a bit.

You'll find out with the new one if things are the same.