cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Model Router ?

NottheMessiah
Hooked

New Model Router ?

Hi im using a plusnet hub one atm, ive had it a couple years now but recently the wifi has been messing about disconecting and being a bit of an [-Censored-], but the internet has stayed connected thru ethernet, and contacting plusnet support they ask me to test the phone line connection etc, instead of listening to me telling them theres a fault with the router..........doh.... anyway after wondering if its worth while re commissioning an old router instead i was wondering if there was any sign of a new model plusnet router that will replace the hub one? 

if not i have an old asus router to hand and even a bthub6 from the previous house hidden away somewhere in a box but ill have to dig for that one! 

Cheers for reading! 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: New Model Router ?

@NottheMessiah Welcome to the forum.

Dig our the Smarthub 6, it will be worth the effort. Follow the links from here for the settings  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-A-BT-Smarthub-An-Update/m-p/1795292#M24601

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @NottheMessiah and welcome to our Community Forums.

Firstly I love the username. Monty Python reference? He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Moving on, we've got no solid plans to share at the moment when we'll be bringing out a new router, but there are rumours a new router may make an appearance by the end of the year...

I've made some changes to the wireless settings in your router to split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless frequencies into separate network names to try to help with the Wi-Fi issues you're having.

If you're still having problems, can you connect some devices that are closest to the router onto the wireless network that ends in 5GHz? It may also be worth changing the wireless channels, steps can be found Here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NottheMessiah
Hooked

Hi again, Thank you both @Gandalf  and @Baldrick1  i have not managed to locate the bt hub yet it could be in the box room so could take weeks to find! yes my user name is a monty python reference, bet you cant guess my name lol also thank you for splitting the bands, i had already moved the channels around to avoid the neighbours wifi, but hadnt sussed that bit out yet! when i originally moved to plusnet i did consider keeping the bt hub set up but for some reason i set up the hubone anyway... oh  well hopefully Gandalf's fix will work! 

now im intrigued about the new router coming later this year, hopefully an albino bt 6 or more better!  

Cheers again! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @NottheMessiah... he's a very naughty boy...

yes my user name is a monty python reference, bet you cant guess my name lol

Haha nice. Guessed it and confirmed when looking at your account. Cheesy

also thank you for splitting the bands, i had already moved the channels around to avoid the neighbours wifi, but hadnt sussed that bit out yet! when i originally moved to plusnet i did consider keeping the bt hub set up but for some reason i set up the hubone anyway... oh  well hopefully Gandalf's fix will work! 

No problem at all. Let us know how it goes.

now im intrigued about the new router coming later this year, hopefully an albino bt 6 or more better!  

Fingers crossed! I can't guarantee it will be this year though...

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet