Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub One Router Randomly Disconnects

Ambergriff
Dabbler

New Hub One Router Randomly Disconnects

Hi,

Finally got my Hub One Router yesterday and set it up in the evening. It was working great as far as I could tell for both Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

Alas, today it seems to randomly disconnect on both ether and Wi-Fi. O my PC I keep seeing a narrow banner notice, immediately below the top of my browser window saying, 'You must log in to this network before you can access the Internet' even though I'm connected via ethernet which as far as I know requires no login keys or passwords.

I tried getting help but Chat is blocked (claiming ad-blocker is stopping it) and the Call Us button just takes me back to the top of the page without offering any contact phone number which is counterproductive and probably illegal as you promise help to your paying customers but then withhold the expected/promised means of getting it (so far this seems to be a running theme for Plusnet = My first inmpression is that Plusnet are terrible).

Odd how the Business customers are not denied this option? (yes I tried it but as my broadband sucks, I guess so does my phone connection).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed title slightly to reflect issue after split to its own thread.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: New Hub One Router Randomly Disconnects

Moderator's note:

Post split from this thread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@Ambergriff wrote:

I tried getting help but Chat is blocked (claiming ad-blocker is stopping it) and the Call Us button just takes me back to the top of the page without offering any contact phone number which is counterproductive and probably illegal as you promise help to your paying customers but then withhold the expected/promised means of getting it (so far this seems to be a running theme for Plusnet = My first inmpression is that Plusnet are terrible).

You may not be aware that many web browsers have a built in pop up blocker. This can be disabled in the browser settings.

A very quick Google search will tell you that the phone number is 0800 432 0200.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I'm sorry to see you've had problems getting through to us. 

I'd try a factory reset on the router:

Use a paper clip, pen, or something pointed to press in thereset pinhole button on the back of the router. Keep the button pressed for 20 seconds. When the light on the front of your Hub turns green, release the reset button. When the light on the front of the Hub turns blue

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ambergriff
Dabbler

@adamwalker Sorry for not getting back on here sooner, The router eventually sorted itself out and it though I haven't checked the speeds etc. it seems to be running fast/well enough for all my needs.

@Baldrick1 As for the Chat being blocked by my internet browser ad blockers I only have 3rd party cookies being blocked by Firefox, so the chat should work.Thanks for the number, appreciated but missing the point on Plusnet's customer service fail by not taking the customer to it when they hit the Call Us button.