cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 1 - Ethernet speed

inspiredron
Grafter

New Hub 1 - Ethernet speed

I have just installed my new Hub 1 in preparation for move to Fibre in a few days' time.

The 4 ethernet connections are labelled gigabit but in the status section of the router administration page the 2 that are in use are shown as 100Mb

I have two connections to the router - one direct to my PC Gbit Netwrork adapter and the other to my unmanaged Gbit switch and both are showing 100Mb on status.

I have checked and changed ethernet cables which look to have the full 8 connections.

Is the Hub 1 really only 100Mb despite its legend above th eethernet ports?

2 REPLIES 2
Mando
Hooked
Fixes: 2

Re: New Hub 1 - Ethernet speed

Hi mate,

I have the Hub one and it should display 1000mbs, try a different cat5e and check auto negotiation on your devices network cards are set to auto, or switch it to fixed 1gpbs Full duplex mode and see if that helps.

if your viewing the connection screen in the router page ignore it, it sometimes claims 100, but its not.

I have powerline 1000 and a nas both connected directly all running gbps.

inspiredron
Grafter

Re: New Hub 1 - Ethernet speed

After I had posted I carried on experimenting including using the other Ethernet port on my PC. I also tried other cables, restarted the router yet again and finally it switched to displaying 1Gb. I don't believe it was cables and it certainly was not the Ethernet port as I have swapped it back. Odd but all now OK. Thanks for your response.
PS I tried looking at speed options and 1 GB was not available. Also light on unmanaged switch input port had need orange instead of green - which is what alerted me to check router page.