cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer, Router arrived with someone else's username loaded

ant0
Dabbler

New Customer, Router arrived with someone else's username loaded

As title and I see it's not the first time. So I've changed the username and password to my new account ones and logged in and up and running, albeit at a slow speed.

Do I need to officially inform Plusnet? On the basis that presumably some other new customer has received the router intended for me and with my username/password preloaded!?
6 REPLIES 6
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: New Customer, Router arrived with someone else's username loaded

@ant0  You should inform Plusnet so that the correct router is associated with your account. This is needed so that, for example, if you change your Plusnet account password via the Members Centre, the changed password will automatically be changed on your router (Plusnet systems will communicate the new password to the router) so that the next time you need to reconnect there will not be an issue with mismatched passwords.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

other new customer has received the router intended for me and with my username/password preloaded!? 

Routers aren't sent out with your username/password preloaded. They are all sent out with the username setup@plusdsl.net.

Was that the username preloaded in your router ?

The router serial number is scanned as it leaves the dispatch and is stored in your account. When the router connects with the setup@plusdsl.net user, it uses TR069 (a secure remote configuration protocol) , send the serial number and the PlusNet systems download your correct username/password to the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ant0
Dabbler

No, it was someone's 'actual' name/username and not mine.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case , it sounds like something went wrong during dispatch and the wrong serial number was associated with your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ant0
Dabbler

Thanks, I phoned Plusnet and was told it wasn't an issue!? I pointed out I'd been told otherwise here and was then transferred to tech support and on hold for 20 mins before I gave up and hung up. Not a great intro to Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@ant0  I've escalated this thread for a PN staff member to investigate.