cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer: BT Home Hub to PlusNet Router, Back up from BT router - Restore to PlusNet?

FIXED
KeithSimmo

New Customer: BT Home Hub to PlusNet Router, Back up from BT router - Restore to PlusNet?

Is it possible?

I've read on the forums how to use / configure a BT Home Hub on Plus net but this involves a Hard reset which would remove all of my extensive configuration.  So my question is could I take a back up on my BT Home hub as it is now. Do the hard reset and add it on to PlusNet then do a restore of the data? Would this write over the Plusnet setting or would it restore my current configuration?

Or option 2 take a back up of my BT Home Hub, set up the new PlusNet router then do a restore to the PlusNet router (The back up from the BT Home Hub?)

Lots of firewall ports configured, for Synology and web cameras that I dont fancy changing / adding to a Virgin Router.....

Thanks in advance

Keith 

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New Customer: BT Home Hub to PlusNet Router, Back up from BT router - Restore to PlusNet?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: New Customer: BT Home Hub to PlusNet Router, Back up from BT router - Restore to PlusNet?

You could try without the hard reset. Back up your settings. Drop the connection, disconnect the dsl cable to make sure. Change the settings as advised on this forum and reconnect. You have nothing to lose.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Fix

Why not just carry on using the BT Router, all you need to change is the Username and Password?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

That was my assumption, I should have mentioned it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KeithSimmo

Yep just to confirm it was that easy. 

Plusnet went live today. 

I simply unplugged the ADSL cable logged into my BT Smart Hub, changed the username and password in the advanced section and hey presto it all burst into life. I didn't even have to reboot the router.

That's for all your help.

Keith