Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Time Still On GMT

Mallet
Dabbler

Re: Network Time Still On GMT

@jab1 wrote:

So long as the post you wish to quote is not the one directly above yours (against form rules), @Mallet , make sure that is the one you hit the 'reply' button on and then hit the double quote icon above the reply window. (fifth from right).

Oh yeah!

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@bobpullen Got to be worth a try don't you think.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@bobpullen 

A number of users here report that their firmware date precedes the 2019 BST to GMT switch date, which worked without an issue.  Is there yet any understanding of where these parameters are configured and why what worked before does not do so now?

Are the controlling parameters in the TR069 configuration data?

Who owns those settings - Plusnet or BT?

If you can poke @Mook 's router and it delivers a fix, can you be sure that something somewhere else will not unfix it?  If the poke fixes the issue and is sticky, can it be readily delivered via TR069 to the customer base?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BTB500
Dabbler

@Townman the last update was 22/03/19 - before the GMT->BST and BST->GMT changes last year (which both went fine).

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Not sure whether it's relevant in any way but I don't use the built in modem. I still have my original HG612 connected.

Mook
Seasoned Champion

@Townman wrote:

If you can poke @Mook 's router and it delivers a fix, can you be sure that something somewhere else will not unfix it? 

This would be a difficult task @Townman as I don't use the PN supplied router. Embarrassed

Miles_W

@Mallet wrote:

i agree would have expected more to have shouted if it was widespread.

Shouting!

I also have the same issue with time still on GMT: Plusnet Hub One, Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Miles_W This situation is under investigation. A possible cause has been found. I'm afraid all you can do at the moment is adjust the time in the access control to one hour forward, which is a temporary, but effective, measure.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Mook wrote:

This would be a difficult task @Townman as I don't use the PN supplied router. Embarrassed

Hi @Mook ,

For the avoidance of ambiguity and doubt, are you using a BT Hub from some other source?  If yes which model (something later than HH5a)?

Some time ago when I enquired you were using quite a sophisticated (Draytec ?) set up bridging two lines … but that might have been back in ADSL dark days!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@longedge wrote:

Not sure whether it's relevant in any way but I don't use the built in modem. I still have my original HG612 connected.

Nope, the router communicates with whatever configuration services just the same.

Mook
Seasoned Champion

To answer your question @Townman Then No.

My routers are Draytek 2925 a FireBrick FB2900 and Draytek Vigor 130 Modems.

BTB500
Dabbler

@jab1 wrote:

@Miles_W This situation is under investigation. A possible cause has been found. I'm afraid all you can do at the moment is adjust the time in the access control to one hour forward, which is a temporary, but effective, measure.

Need to move all the times back in access control, rather than forward!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Ooops, sorry @BTB500  -got confused.😉

Never had cause to use it, is my feeble excuse.😁

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Mook wrote:

@bobpullen Got to be worth a try don't you think.

@bobpullen 

This rather led me to believe that @Mook has a HH5a which you could poke to test a fix.  Subsequent to a couple of PM exchanges arising from him advising that he has Draytec kit … he has confirmed that he is not experiencing this issue as I had mistakenly "read into" his posts!

So if you need a candidate router to poke, it will not be his!

Thank you for the clarification @Mook  😎

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm prepared to be poked 😀.

Anything to relieve the boredom.