cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Time Still On GMT

BTB500
Dabbler

Re: Network Time Still On GMT

No, still the same today. It's been through all previous GMT/BST changes without any problem, but of course there may have been a new firmware version since October (is there a change log anywhere?).

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

How long have you had the Hub? I'm just wondering if it being a leap year has confused it - but I'm not a software engineer, so could be wrong.

There is no change log we can see (so far as I know) and have never seen a hub, let alone used one, so my comments could be wrong.

John
BTB500
Dabbler

I've had it since December 2017. I'm assuming it picks up & uses the time from a server somewhere, but other router models could be configured to use a different one.

jab1
Legend

So it has never met a leap year before. All PN  customers pick up the time from ntp.plus.net time servers.

John
Mallet
Dabbler

Mine still on GMT too. I've just moved to Plusnet, took delivery of my router on 20 March, connection went live on 25 March.

Did you try calling Ciustomer Service @BTB500?

BTB500
Dabbler

I did try calling but it said minimum 30 minute wait, so I gave up. Online chat has been taken down, there doesn't seem to be any other way to contact them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi everyone,

It is important to under stand in a discussion such as this, that posters are very clear about which router they are using "the one I got last year" is not overly helpful.  Model number and firm wear version would be a great help.

There are a good number of "Plusnet" routers in the wild each functions quite differently...

• Thompson TG585 - I suspect there are not many of these left
  • Thompson TG582N - arguably the best ADSL router Plusnet have offered, rich diagnostics and still plenty out there
  • Hub Zero (2704n) - the first Ex-BT router - anything useful is darned near impossible to access
  • Hub One (BT HH5a) - it is what it is!

There is also a variety of other routers issued for different purposes over the years and a different set of products used by the Plusnet vISP brands.  I am testing one of those and have observed that though it changed from GMT to BTS … it was 5 minutes fast.

Screen shots of settings would also be helpful.

It is some while since I looked at the settings on the Hub Zero & One, but I has a vague recollection that there is a switch for "adjust for DST" on the settings of one of these routers.  That needs to be set on.

Time zone should be set to London / Dublin so that GMT / DST adjustments occur on the right dates - if set to GMT then I guess that there is a fair chance that the router will not adjust the time at all / on the right dates.

It is worth checking through all of the settings then pressing SAVE to force and update - I found that caused my router to correct its 5 minute error.  That problem has been escalated to Plusnet support.

If after reviewing the above the routers do not adjust for BST, please post router model numbers, firmware version and a screen shot of the time settings.  I will then see if I can get someone from product support to take a look.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Thanks, @Townman .😁

John
BTB500
Dabbler

@Townman 

Hi, as previously posted I'm using a Hub One. As far as I know the firmware updates automatically so I have no choice there? But anyway it shows:

"Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 22/03/19"

I couldn't find any time-related settings using the standard user interface, other than the current time being displayed in the Plusnet Access Control section (screenshot attached).

BTB500
Dabbler

@Townman 

I've attached screenshots of the (very limited) options available under Settings and Advanced Settings.

Thanks for your help!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi, Thank you for the screen shots - they help to some extent (they tell us where the time settings are not to be found!).  I expected to see them under Advanced / System … however now I think about it, I have seen more business H1s than residential H1s and I believe they might be different.

I have asked for help from the other SUs on this one … if it were not for lock down I could be on one in 10 minutes.

Is there any hint of NTP settings under the A-Z link?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BTB500
Dabbler

Hi, no the 'Help' and 'A-Z' are pretty basic. Here's the latter in full:

A

Access Control
Add new game / application
Add new game / application - IPv6
Admin password, Change
ADSL settings

B

Backup hub settings
Brightness
Broadband settings
Plusnet Broadband, Set username and password

C

Change admin password
Change wireless channel - 2.4 GHz wireless
Change wireless channel - 5 GHz wireless
Change wireless key - 2.4 GHz wireless
Change wireless key - 5 GHz wireless
Change wireless security - 2.4 GHz wireless
Change wireless security - 5 GHz wireless
Connectivity check

D

Desktop Help
Devices, Show connected
DHCP Settings
DHCP Settings - IPv6
DHCP Table
DMZ
Dynamic DNS

E

Edit a game / application
Event Log

F

Firewall
Forgotten admin password

G

Gaming

H

Home network
Hub lights, change brightness

I

Internet settings
IP Address, Change
IP address of Home Hub
IPv6 address of Home Hub
IPv6 Configuration
IPv6 Gaming
IPv6 Pinholes

J

K

L

Hub lights, change brightness

M

N

Network Map

O

P

Password - Forgotten Hub Manager Password
Port forwarding
Preventing a device connecting to the Internet

Q

R

Reset Hub to factory defaults settings
Reset wireless settings to default
Restart / Reboot Hub
Restore hub settings (back-up configuration)

S

SSID / Wireless Network Name, Change - 2.4 GHz wireless
SSID / Wireless Network Name, Change - 5 GHz wireless
Supported games and application

T

Troubleshooting

U

UPnP

V

Virtual Server
VPN compatibility

W

WEP, WPA, Select wireless security - 2.4 GHz
WEP, WPA, Select wireless security - 5 GHz
Wireless channel, Change - 2.4 GHz
Wireless channel, Change - 5 GHz
Wireless connections, Enable or Disable - 2.4 GHz
Wireless connections, Enable or Disable - 5 GHz
Wireless key, change - 2.4 GHz
Wireless key, change - 5 GHz
Wireless security - 2.4 GHz
Wireless security - 5 GHz
Wireless settings, reset to defaults
WPS (Wireless Push Button connection), enable or disable

X

Y

Z

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Again, thank you for that.

Clutching at straws … I would check out Broadband and Internet settings.  After that it is a push to elsewhere... for I am concluding that there might be no user configurable option here … and I am now vaguely recalling that there are a number of variations of this router residential / business and ADSL / VDSL+ADSL!

BTB500
Dabbler

I went through all the settings screens originally but couldn't see anything useful - it's all pretty basic. Screenshots attached.

Worth mentioning that the last firmware change on the box was before the March 2019 GMT->BST change, which worked fine (as did the BST->GMT change in October). Which is why I was guessing it was something external like a server that hadn't had the time updated.

Mallet
Dabbler

Hi @Townman,

Please find attached screenshots of my router details, and my Access Control screen details.

I confirm that the Access Control screen, which shows the "Current time" as 18:29 was taken at 19:29 BST.

I cannot find neither an "Adjust for DST" nor a Time Zone setting.

I would be most grateful if you could get Product Support to take an interest.

Regards.