Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Time Still On GMT

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Network Time Still On GMT

...or just use another router which allows a choice between ISP (DHCP) assigned DNS and one you supply for your self.  The Zyxel VMG3925-B10C is a nice beast.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulous

I was having the very same issue with PN Hub 1, we started using Access Control to limit access to devices around family meal times to resolve arguments. I noticed my own router had issues with NTP.

I also recall both BT Home Hub2A having the same problem that they would not adjust the clock to local time. The HomeHub 2 had the VOIP option and handsets, so the 'phones displayed the wrong time. The HHubs looked the same but the A was based on Thompson and the B's were different again. I still have both running custom firmware, but only use HH2A now.

More important is that BT never resolved the NTP problem on these devices.

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 22/03/19

paulscarbs
Dabbler

SOLUTION

Jump ship en mass.

I’m sure that will create a stir and get the ball rolling.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@paulscarbs Or: (1) wait for the vendors to rollout the fix (2) buy your own modem/router - IF you must have the function, and are incapable of merely adjusting the time on the application.

John
paulscarbs
Dabbler

Ouch!
That was harsh jab1.

It’s an ongoing problem and one that shouldn’t have been going for so long IMO.

Each to their own, but no need for rude remarks.
jab1
Legend

@paulscarbs Not harsh, or rude, just factual. Such things are out of Plusnets' hands - it was reported, investigated and passed to the vendors as soon a possible.

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@paulscarbs  You seem to think it is a serious problem but I would say it's a storm in a teacup, why can't you change the times until the fix is sent out. You must be one of the posters I don't have much time for, somethings gone wrong, even if of no significance, PlusNet are rubbish. I'm leaving.😠

Topcat-10

Good Bye 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Topcat-10  I think you may have not grasped that my post was aimed at @paulscarbs  ridiculous outburst, saying everyone should leave PlusNet because the time on the router is wrong.😧

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I'm staggered that this topic has rumbled on for 144 odd posts. I reckon that it would take less time and probably be less stressful for some to log in to the router and change the router settings by one hour rather then get hot under the collar complaining about it.

If it's really bothering people then follow my recurring mantra, go and spend little money on a Smarthub 6.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

What staggers me more is that some seem to find this so essential because they cannot otherwise manage the discipline within their households, along side being unable to shift the schedules by one hour.

Yes it is annoying but it is not the dire issue suggested by some. First world issues!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bojang1
Grafter

🤣 It's an irritation but it could be worse. You could be with talk talk! Then you would know what real problems are.

jab1
Legend

@Bojang1 Foul language is against forum rules!😁. But I totally agree with you.

John
Topcat-10

It doesn't bother me , I was just wondering if there was a problem with the router not picking up.

egg1000
Dabbler

Well this escalated er... Slowly.