Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Time Still On GMT

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Network Time Still On GMT

I've already shifted a handful of routers to a separate environent that allows the vendor to take a look. The issue is raised and under investigation.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ajordan74
Hooked

Sorry but is there are update it's a pain using limiting my kids internet at the moment. Got the same problem with a Hub 1.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@ajordan74 When there is an update, I'm sure @bobpullen will post it.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The issue has been raised with the vendors.

Come on get let’s get real here ... if you cannot limit your kids usage by your word, then just time shift the permitted slots by one hour.

In the current circumstances this is not a high priority issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BTB500
Dabbler

It's not high priority, but equally it has been two weeks now so not unreasonable to ask if there's been any progress? It's something that has always worked fine and was only broken recently, so it would be nice to get it resolved.

From a practical POV if you have multiple kids each with multiple devices (phone, tablet, laptop, smart TV, games console, Alexa, etc.) then editing all the rules (we have 'breaks' set up during the day, so it's not just one start/end per device) isn't as quick/easy as you might think. And of course they will all need to be changed back again when this is resolved.

Then there are ad hoc changes e.g. we give extra internet time as a reward or reduce it as a sanction (one of the few things they care about), extra time during the holidays, changing 'breaks' during the day to cater for homework / schoolwork / assignments / etc. (all online now, with the schools being closed). Those all take a little more time when you've got to mentally correct to take account of the router being an hour out.

So for sure it's trivial compared to people catching COVID-19, but it probably is a significant nuisance for a large number of people with Hub Ones!

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

For me it's of little or no significance at all, just a matter of interest.

p.s. but that's not to detract from the fact that it is important to others 🙂

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ajordan74 based on what I think is 'broken', I've made some remote changes to your router. Be interested to see if that's resolved the issue for you, although I suspect it will have?

I don't have any other updates regarding the investigation, and don't expect I will have until after the bank holiday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

ajordan74
Hooked

Thanks loads @bobpullen router now shows correct time. Much appreciated.
Mallet
Dabbler

@Townman wrote:
The issue has been raised with the vendors.

Come on get let’s get real here ... if you cannot limit your kids usage by your word, then just time shift the permitted slots by one hour.

In the current circumstances this is not a high priority issue.

FWIW, Personally I'm quite happy to wait for a permanent fix.

reeds2

Hi,

I have only just come across this forum as I too are having trouble with my Plusnet Plus one Hub as the time is 1 hour behind and cannot be adjusted to the correct time. This was realized when I tried to adjust the time on my CCTV system connected directly to the hub, but after a period of time the time on the CCTV system would then revert back an hour again keeping in time with the Hub. So yes it is important that this issue is fixed as soon as.

Steve

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@reeds2, that sounds like a pain so I've made some adjustments remotely that have hopefully helped?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Steve,

The CCTV system should (would?) be getting its time from a NTP server - not the router. I’m sure @bobpullen will correct me, but I do not believe that the router offers NTP services to the LAN.

It will be interesting to see if the change makes a difference.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've got two separate systems at the moment and have had 3 different makes both NVR and IP cameras and they all only offered the option to sync either to internet NTP server or to the host PC. They also all needed to be setup to the correct timezone and DST settings so that when they do a sync they 'get it right'.

davelittlewood
Hooked

So what did you do to fix it?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@davelittlewood, if that quesiton is aimed at me, then I overwrote the stored time parameters remotely.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team