Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DM 200 Modem Immutable Password "password"

FIXED
fb
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Netgear DM 200 Modem Immutable Password "password"

My modem was shipped with firmware version  v1.0.0.44 complete with a bug that prevents auto setup.of internet connection details. I set up the connection manually to work in modem+router mode. But when I wanted to change the password from "password" to something unintelligible, I discovered from the pdf manual that this must be done during the auto setup procedure. Routerlogin.net is solely for changing the wifi password. 

It seems that I have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire by solving one problem only to create another. When I approached Netgear Support about the first problem, all they could suggest was that it was of PlusNet's making - so there seems no point in asking about the second problem.

Is there anything I can try before asking for a refund? All suggestions will be most welcome. 

1 REPLY 1
fb
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Netgear DM 200 Modem Immutable Password "password"

Fix

@fb wrote:

My modem was shipped with firmware version  v1.0.0.44 complete with a bug that prevents auto setup.of internet connection details. I set up the connection manually to work in modem+router mode. But when I wanted to change the password from "password" to something unintelligible, I discovered from the pdf manual that this must be done during the auto setup procedure. Routerlogin.net is solely for changing the wifi password. 

It seems that I have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire by solving one problem only to create another. When I approached Netgear Support about the first problem, all they could suggest was that it was of PlusNet's making - so there seems no point in asking about the second problem.

Is there anything I can try before asking for a refund? All suggestions will be most welcome. 

Take another look at the manual.