cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear D7000v2 firmware issue - how to get update?

dusty_bin
Grafter

Netgear D7000v2 firmware issue - how to get update?

I raised an issue with Netgear as my modem/router stops sending logs by email by schedule when USB memory is attached.

I currently have FW V1.0.0.51_1.0.1 installed.

I have been pursuing this issue for  few months now, but the latest response from Netgear was that there is a v1.0.0.68 available, but can only be provided/installed by my ISP.

So I raised a question 184343391 on 7th November, but no response yet.  Any chance someone could look into this for me?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Netgear D7000v2 firmware issue - how to get update?

As this is not a Plusnet supported device I fear that you will be unlucky.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @dusty_bin 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. 

I've reviewed the ticket in question and I can confirm that we can not push updates out for 3rd party hardware - really sorry (and also a little surprised) that Netgear told you we can.

I'd suggest getting in touch with them and making them aware we 100% can not do what they have said. 

Please let us know how you get on with this. 

Thanks, 

MoR 

dusty_bin
Grafter

Thanks.  I was a bit surprised myself, but the modem/router does download some settings from somewhere if I set up the unit from scratch. I haven' been able to make the modem connect without this step and this seems also to be required if I use a saved configuration file.

If these settings don't come from PN, I wonder where they do come from?

So, I was prepared to imagine that if some settings came from PN, maybe they could have the FW also.

Anyway, back to pester Netgear again...

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@dusty_bin have you logged into your router, go to Advanced / Administration / Firmware Update / Check for updates?

Or gone to the Netgear website and downloaded the latest version from there? https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D7000v2.aspx#download

FW 1.0.1.68 is for the D7000

The latest for the D7000 V2 is 1.0.0.53.

dusty_bin
Grafter

@ Mustrum

Well, that is an interesting point...

I have just been on the phone to Netgear who wanted me to update to the v1 FW but, of course it would not, because the file extensions are different...  This was even though I told them several times which HW version I had.

Anyway, it is now on the latest v1.0.0.53, but the issue is still there.  So need to get back to Netgear for the umpteenth time...