cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need firmware update for F2704N

nasuk

Need firmware update for F2704N

Hi,

As a last resort before binning the F@ST 2704N due to stupid issues (wifi doesn't allow connections, port forwarding stops working etc. I would like to try updating the firmware to a later release. I currently have F/W 7.273.1_F2704N_Plusnet, and have heard some people talk of success with 7.275.2_F2704N_Plusnet. The only trouble is that I don't seem to be able to get hold of this firmware.

I tried raising a ticket with Plusnet support to push the update - and this request seems to have been "lost in the system" as nothing happened for 3 months, and when I just chased support they seemed to say there was little they could do but recommended the forum. Trouble is I haven't found any firmware files yet. 

So hoping somebody can supply me with a firmware file and I will perform the update manually and see if that solves it. If it doesn't, I'll be buying a new router, and this will be consigned to experimentation into OpenWRT

Thanks,

Dominic 

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Need firmware update for F2704N

Hi Nasuk,

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get an answer from us yet.

I'll need to speak to a particular colleague about this who won't be in the office at the moment but I'll pick it up with them tomorrow.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Nasuk,

I've just spoken to the appropriate team about this and it appears the request was referred to them in error.

Sorry but this isn't something we could arrange for you.

You may wish to speak to Sagemcom as they can probably point you to the firmware version you're looking for.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

You can't seriously mean that Plusnet can't update the specially customised Plusnet firmware on the router that they supply? What would Plusnet do if they needed is issue a firmware update for some reason? Send out new routers instead?