cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT Loopback (Hair Pinning) Home Hub 5 DMZ

rich5851

NAT Loopback (Hair Pinning) Home Hub 5 DMZ

Hello,

I have an issue when using a device in DMZ. NAT loop back (Hair Pinning) does not work when device is placed in DMZ. It works fine when port forwarding to device but I don't want to have to set up x amounts of port forwarding and would just like to configure iptables on device in DMZ.

NAT loopback is a supported feature of home hub 5 and I can confirm it works for port forwards - don't understand why same does not apply for DMZ

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Home-hub-5-Does-it-support-NAT-Loopback/td-p/110...

Works fine off network when connecting externally but can't understand why NAT loopback is faulty when device is in DMZ - Admins please help!

3 REPLIES 3
rich5851

Re: NAT Loopback (Hair Pinning) Home Hub 5 DMZ

Update - I have static IP address and am not using dynamic dns. 

rich5851

I'm presuming that the Plus net One Hub One Hub is the same hardware as the BT Home Hub 5 here? - I have both and they look the same and firmware seems the same (apart from GUI branding)

legume
Rising Star

Maybe the HH5 doesn't work with DMZ either. The link says success for two servers, so they are likely not using DMZ.

In theory DMZ should be possible, but maybe the script/app that sorts out all the rules needs to see  port forwards and doesn't default to  DMZ IP if there aren't any. Locked down routers 😞