cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery issue with TP-Link TD-W9970

Vordus

Mystery issue with TP-Link TD-W9970

Here's one for those of you with a better understanding of networking hardware than me. At 3am, my TP-Link TD-W9970 lost connection to plusnet. Looking at the diagnostics, the issue is that it's not connecting to the PPP server for some reason. At the advice of the first customer service rep, I bought a replacement router and set it up, only to find that this too would not connect to the PPP server.

No settings were changed (especially not at 3am), and putting both the routers back to factory settings and setting them up from scratch saw no changes in behaviour.

I know that the username and password is correct because I've been using them to log into my account all day.

So why would the router be able to sync, but not connect to the PPP server? Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this, or am I going to have to wait for plusnet to send an engineer?
2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Mystery issue with TP-Link TD-W9970

Is your phone line working?

And is the line quiet - dial 1707 option 2.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Mystery issue with TP-Link TD-W9970

Hi @Vordus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Does the same problem occur when connecting with the router we provided?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team