cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router is constantly flashing orange

Jason81
Dabbler

My router is constantly flashing orange

My router is constantly flashing orange and that’s after I spoke to customer services regarding wifi being poor!!!!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Jason81
Dabbler

Re: My router is constantly flashing orange

Can’t even use internet, something I’ve paid for.... complete joke of a company will definitely be glad to leave when contract is over..... HAS TO USE MY MOBILE DATA TO EVEN REPORT THIS VIA FORUM...
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Jason81, I'm sorry to hear you're having broadband issues as of recent. Checking your connection from this side and shown by the graph below we can see the drop out which looks to have occurred however we aren't seeing any cause of the drop and everything is current looking spot on to the router again.

I'd advise then, monitoring the connection your side and if you see another drop out like this to run through some troubleshooting steps below to see if the connection returns. This will help narrow down what's causing the issue.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Let us know how it goes.

Jason81
Dabbler

Now not even connecting.... flashing orange with b logo.... #CANT WAIT TO LEAVE!!!!! Simples!!!!!! Customer Support NON EXISTENT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Jason81

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having connection issues. I can see you've spoken with our support team regarding this and we've ordered you a new router as you've advised you don't have the same issue with a 3rd party router.

We'll get that to you as soon as possible. If you're still having issues after receiving it let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team