Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router is buzzing

FIXED
Grhmeh
Dabbler

My router is buzzing

Just noticed that my plusnet hub one router has a low level on off buzzing sound , the unit is a year old any ideas what it is ,is it about to fail.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: My router is buzzing

It is probably an isolation transformer. These routers can make this noise if fitted with a poorly manufactured device. It's not dangerous, just annoying. If it's out of guarantee your choices are either to negotiate a new contract in exchange for a new router or buy your own. My recommendation is to go to Ebay and spend about £30 on a BT. Smarthub 6. You will find settings for use with Plusnet on this board and you will benefit from better wifi performance.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix
Happy to send a replacement if you don't mind shipping the one you have back to our offices marked for my attention? I'd be happy to apply some credit to your account to cover the postage. That OK?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Grhmeh
Dabbler

Yes I will accept your offer of a new router and send the old unit back to you. Will the replacement be new or refurbished.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It will be new. I'm actually on leave until Wednesday but I'll try and hop onto the VPN at some point this weekend and arrange.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just ordered the replacement unit. All being well your Royal Mail postie should deliver it on Tuesday. Let me know when the buzzing unit is in the post and I'll apply some credit to your account to cover the postage.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Grhmeh, thanks for sending the router back, I've now received it and processed a £5 refund to your account for your troubles. It should hit your account by the end of the week all being well.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team