Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router is buzzing!

FIXED
Ewillars01

My router is buzzing!

I don't think it's supposed to, at least none of my others have

It's a Hub One, only had it three days.  It sounds a little like the on-off sound an old fax-line or ZX Spectrum would sound.  It's only quiet (it's a quiet on-off buzzing not a data screech) but in a quiet office all day on my own it will drive me mad.

Is this normal for the model?

5 REPLIES 5
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: My router is buzzing!

Hi @Ewillars01 welcome to the forums.

That's what I have at my parents and no that doesn't sound (no pun intended) right.

I have read other threads about this, but it looks like your router is faulty and needs replacing.

Hopefully a member of staff may pick up on this thread, or call CS otherwise.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix

@Ewillars01, I've ordered a replacement device for you, should arrive tomorrow all being well.

Rather than use the included returns back to ship the faulty hardware back, I'd really appreciate it if you could send the device back to the address below, marked for my attention. I'd be happy to apply some credit to your account to cover the cost/your trouble?

FAO: Bob Pullen (ref174814980)
Plusnet
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ewillars01

Thanks Bob.  Much appreciated.

Very happy to post off the router (do you want all the kit or just the router itself?)

If it helps your investigation, I should mention that when the router arrived it initially could connect to the internet, and I could connect to the router with my devices, but something prevented me from acting the internet through the router, it went to the hub management page every time instead, or simply said there was no service available, or it had been interrupted unexpectedly (the messages varied between the two).

I called, and a v helpful customer service chap said that there was an incorrect code on the router (I don't recall any further details of what the 'code' was) and he solved it instantly - this may be completely irrelevant to the faint buzzing, I presumed it was only a software issue, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Ewan

Ewillars01

Thanks Alex.

V supportive community here, thanks for all the help