Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My USB doesnt show on the network when connected

FIXED
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

My USB doesnt show on the network when connected

I have just put my 64Gb USB Kingston stick in the back of the Hub One - the Hub One detects it as per routers  interface shows it.

but on my windows 10 PC I've turned on Network Discovery and it shows my PC and HUB ONE but does NOT show my USB???

can anyone help please?

also these routers aren't meant to be very good chipsets (Lantiq) and have issues with CAB that have G.INP enabled on them (just about all CABs) , also the Wi-Fi is quite weak in comparison of other older routers I had

for e.g. I used to get on wireless-N @ 2.4Ghz about -30 to -33db (lower the better - measured in inSSIDer) in the room directly above the router on my Netgear DG834N (really old Broadcom 6358 ) - but on this I get -40db to -45db and 5Ghz is -60dbdb to -65db and Next Doors Talk Talk 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are STRONGER than the Wi-Fi signal coming from my router! - we each have non--overlapping channels or co-exist with another network... I still get my 38Mbps on a 5Ghz  Intel 4695 AGN Micro-PCIE (laptop size) (3x3), its on a PCIe x4 adapter with 3 6inch external Antennae, so you would think I would get a decent signal 'strength'

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: My USB doesnt show on the network when connected

Fix

From Windows get up a Run command (Windows-R) and type \\192.168.1.254

Does that then connect? Might just be the discovery protocol is not working.

Alternatively what format have you got the stick, think NTFS doesn't work, may need FAT32?

snadge
Aspiring Pro

thanks MrSilver

have I got to do that every boot?? I think it is NTFS but not sure, i will check it

thanks very much

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Hi,

You should be able get get windows to remember. Try this
http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/map-network-drive-windows-10

But in step 4 don't hit browse just put in ur ip above.

Tick reconnect at signin to keep it there.

Not sure if it needs a password, if it does tick use different credentials to put them in too.

Thanks
snadge
Aspiring Pro

thanks MrSilver Smiley

edit: I didnt need to do anything its rebooted a few times and its still there Smiley

you couldnt tell me how to do it so I can access the USB stick from the web do you?

I would like to store photos on it to show family that I can access from my phone, like a cloud account...but my own lol

snadge
Aspiring Pro

actually it doesnt work any more after rebooting so guess i will have to look at that article

snadge
Aspiring Pro

that guide doesnt work for me?  it says it cant find the network device? even though i can access it from RUN \\192.168.1.254

also, last night once i done the run command the Network window showed different icons, showed USB and it stayed there, now it does not? i have to use RUN:\\192.168.1.254 to access it all the time?Huh

any ideas?

Network Discovery is on and i can see my 2 folders on the PC i gave shares to via their properties Tab

thanks