Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Router is making buzzing noises

Rimvydas
Grafter

My Router is making buzzing noises

Hey,

Looking through the router sub section i see quite a few people having this issue where the router is causing this annoying buzzing sound. Especially when there is a wireless connection that's in use. Well this has become very atrocious for me during late nights, when i get back from work and my phone connects to wifi and it instantaneously starts buzzing. 

I guess what I'm asking is, is there anything that can be done because I sure as hell don't wanna be stuck with my one and a half year old router that sounds like its dying? 

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: My Router is making buzzing noises

If it's under 12 months old and/or still under guarantee then ask Plusnet to replace it. If it's out of guarantee then go onto Ebay and buy a BT Smarthub 6 for £30ish and use that instead. It's a far better router and easy to set up on your Plusnet service. Instructions on how to configure it can be found on this board.

Alternatively if you're out of contract Plusnet might give you a new one in exchange for a new contract.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Rimvydas
Grafter

Would it be possible to get a free replacement if I'm currently on a new contract but I haven't left their service since the last contract? What i mean by this is, this is my second, brand new 18 month plan or contract that was arranged to me to start straight after the old 18 month contract ended. This was done through live chat and didn't require me to really do, anything.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I can send a replacement. Would you be willing to ship the one you have back to our offices marked for my attention? I'll happily apply some credit to your account to cover the postage?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Rimvydas
Grafter

Hey,

Am i required to own the previous packaging for the router? Or can I package it up safely with other things?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Rimvydas 

I have sent out a returns bag for you to pop your hardware into and send back .

Kind Regards, 

Alisdair 

Rimvydas
Grafter

Thank you so much.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@MasterOfReality, using the returns bag will not do the trick as it's not going to get back to me here at the office. If possible, I'd appreciate the device being sent directly to me:

FAO: Bob Pullen
Plusnet
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU

@Rimvydas, have you received notification of replacement dispatch?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Rimvydas
Grafter

I have not received any emails or notifications about a replacement being sent out. However, I've checked my account summary page where I can see an order for a Plusnet Hub One is out for delivery. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Rimvydas 

I have ordered a replacement router for you now, which should be with you within 3 to 5 working days. Once you have received the replacement please proceed to send the old one to Bob at the address above. 

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Rimvydasthanks for sending the router back, I've now received it and processed a £5 refund to your account for your troubles. It should hit your account by the end of the week all being well.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team