cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing hardware under 'Home Network - Devices' on Plusnet Hub One, old firmware causing an issue?

chunkywizard
Hooked

Missing hardware under 'Home Network - Devices' on Plusnet Hub One, old firmware causing an issue?

Hi there,

I search the forums but couldn't find any specifics to my issue. I don't see all my devices under 'Home Network - Devices', including my main PC I'm typing this on. My PC is new, and the old one showed just fine. It seems to affect devices connected to wired Ethernet, the WiFi connected device look ok (as long as they are connected).

My PC is in a home office, connected to the router via Ethernet. Within the office I have an 8-port switch, but other devices on that switch are seen just fine.

I was wondering if my firmware needs updating, I'm on an old version Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 10/08/17 Can I get the latest version pushed to my hub?

13 REPLIES 13
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Missing hardware under 'Home Network - Devices' on Plusnet Hub One, old firmware causing an issu

Welcome to the forums @chunkywizard 

It's a known issue Sad

Though one of these might help you - possible way to see them again

chunkywizard
Hooked

Re: My router cannot see all wifi devices

Thanks DS, I saw that information before in the forum, but I never see my new PC and obviously I am doing something with the www as I am typing this reply so I think its a case of something else happening

As for the new firmware, I am not even on the last version, how do I get updated? Also, we are in the 2nd week of the month, so is it imminent?

CW

DS
Seasoned Champion

You've replied over here, not over there where you posted Wink

(it doesn't matter though, the forum mode may move us back)

If it's working fine and you don't need to make specific changes to it (within the hub menus), then you can leave it as is. It may actually start showing after the next power up.

Having said that, if you've set the PC to a static address (not to the www, it's settings on the PC or router) then it'll still work and you'll never see it on the home networks screen - depends on what address you've given it - though normal users buy it, plug it in and off you go users wouldn't have changes anything Wink

My router (PNH1) actually received an update yesterday, but it was for the same version I was already on!!! Bonkers!! So yours could be on it's way. If it hasn't, by say, 15-16th then pop back and hopefully we'll go from there Wink

edit to correct typos

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's Note(s)

Above two posts merged back to where they belong.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Missing hardware under 'Home Network - Devices' on Plusnet Hub One, old firmware causing an i...

Hi @chunkywizard 

Apologies from one wizard to another for the delayed response.

I've re-added your router on to the hardware component on your account. Could you try a factory reset by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds letting us know how it goes over the next 48 hours?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chunkywizard
Hooked

Re: Missing hardware under 'Home Network - Devices' on Plusnet Hub One, old firmware causing an i...

Hi,

router is reset, let me know if you need anything else

CW

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @chunkywizard 

The update should happen within the next 48 hours - let us know if this does/doesn't happen. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

chunkywizard
Hooked

Hi,

looking at my router, the firmware is now reporting as:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 12/03/19

So the last updated date has changed today, but the software version, hasn't changed. Can you push a newer firmware please?

CW

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@chunkywizard - I've requested this via our Products team for you. 

Shouldn't be too long before it comes through.

Thanks, 

MoR

DS
Seasoned Champion

@chunkywizard The exact same thing happened to me!!

Look at this post, from the edit onwards - link

If you don't, then mine 'updated' to what the hub was reporting the same (old) version (same as you) at 20:20 on the 10 March, but the hub will drop and reboot with the newer version, in my case at 03:58 on 11 March

So there seems to be a delay for some of us, why, I have no idea.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The way the upgrades work is as follows.

We 'tag' a device for upgrade, at this point there are no changes.

When the router 'informs' (happens once every 24hrs and is derived from the initial activation date) the firmware image is download to flash memory. This is what I believe updates the timestamp.

A reboot command is queued for activation early hours of the following morning.

Upon reboot, the router upgrades and the new firmware is applied.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chunkywizard
Hooked

Thanks for the explanation. Mine updated fine and the hardware list is much better now, thanks

DS
Seasoned Champion

Glad to hear yours sorted itself out!! Thumbs_Up

Thanks to Bob too for the explanation Smiley