cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from asus RT-N66U to RT-AC88U Plusnet username and password not recognised

FIXED
euroventure2
Fixes: 1

Migration from asus RT-N66U to RT-AC88U Plusnet username and password not recognised

Hi All.

I have decided to upgrade my asus RT-N66U that has been running on Plusnet for a couple of years and have bought an Asus RT-AC88U.

I get an error username and password are not correct for the internet connection.

I compared the WAN config and Username and password settings in the configs between the routers untill I am crosseyed and cannot see any errors and even got my wife to check as I did not trust myself.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Migration from asus RT-N66U to RT-AC88U Plusnet username and password not recognised

As far as I can see the RT-AC88U is a pure router with no modem capability. You need an ADSL/VDSL modem, or modem router  that supports bridge mode and connect the RT-AC88U to Plusnet via that

HTH

You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Migration from asus RT-N66U to RT-AC88U Plusnet username and password not recognised

@Protech 

It seems like the RT-N66U is also a router which does not have a modem.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RTN66U/

So I would assume  @euroventure2 must already have a modem?

Regards

Richard

euroventure2

Hi Guys thanks for answering.

Yes they are both just routers and they are both flashed with the merlin firmware and as I say I have checked username and password on both configs and thet are the same and I get username or password not recognised.

I also flashed the router with the stock asus firmware and that did not work either.

I have just  logged onto the plusnet site using the credentials just to check as well.

I read in this forum about someone having a similar problem and he said he just unplugged his modem for a few hours and let everything reset and then his credentials worked and he has been ok since so tried that last night with no luck.

I think Intend connecting the router plusnet supplied and see what happen then.

Paul

euroventure2

Fix

OK Fixed.

I am embarrased to post what was wrong but will do in case someone else make the same stupid mistake.

I am getting the excuses in first.

dodgy fonts on the Interface

years of being out of the IT industry

advanced years and intelectual decline etc, etc.

The problem was the font on the asus GUI looks like one instead of an L ie DS1  ont DSL  chsnged it to an L and we we honkey dorey.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Paul