Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from BT with a HG612 & Asus RT-AC3200

FIXED
c5
Dabbler

Migrating from BT with a HG612 & Asus RT-AC3200

Hi,

I'm moving across to Plusnet next week from BT Infinity.

I currently use an unlocked HG612 together with an Asus RT-AC3200 which is working fine.

Am I correct that all i'll need to do when my broadband switches is edit the PPP Username on the AC3200 from 'bthomehub@btbroadband.com' to '<myusername>@plusdsl.net' - and change the password from 'bt' to my account password?

I wanted to check that there are no other settings I'll need to change on either the AC3200 or the HG612?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Migrating from BT with a HG612 & Asus RT-AC3200

Fix

That should work fine.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

From https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

If you’ve got fibre broadband, here are the settings you need. Some of these terms can vary from router to router, but these are the most commonly used.

It asks for: Use:
Broadband username or login name yourusername@plusdsl.net
Connection type or encapsulation PPPoE Always On
VLAN Active
802.1p 0
802.1q 101

Not all routers will ask for all these settings, so don’t worry if you can’t find some of them. Just make sure the settings it does ask for match the ones above.

If your fibre router is connected to a BT Openreach modem, here are the settings you’ll need. Some of these terms can vary from router to router, but these are the most commonly used.

It asks for: Use:
Broadband username or login name yourusername@plusdsl.net
Connection type or encapsulation PPPoE Always On
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

which would be great, except that the section on Fibre settings doesn't mention the password, which IS still required. Strangely it mentions in in the ADSL section but not the Fibre oneRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@MisterW

Yep you're right

@jaread83

Would you care to see if this page can be fixed to show that  password is need for people using a Openreach modem https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will raise this within my team to get this looked into.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.