cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Pro and IMac

JMC71

MacBook Pro and IMac

Hi

Just set up our WiFi router (Hub Zero) after getting the go ahead and we are unable to connect our MacBook or iMac to the internet. Looking through the forum for answers but we can’t split the WiFi between 2.4 and 5 GHz as suggested because it’s not an option on this hub zero or broadband option? (ADSL)

We don’t know what to do and I think it should be made much more more clear when applying for this broadband option that Apple devices may have issues. We have tried these devices on other networks and can say it is not an issue with the devices at all’s

We are unhappy and unless there is an easy fix we are looking into cancelling the broadband in the near future as it does not meet our needs.

Urgent help is appreciated as working from home a couple days a week and a reliable WiFi connection is essential

Thank you,

Jake
Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: MacBook Pro and IMac

@JMC71 Have you tried connecting via ethernet?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Have you tried disabling IPv6 on the Mac's? IIRC this was a problem with these routers in the past.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@JMC71 

The Hub Zero is single band. Splitting bands refers to the Hub One. The Hub Zero has pretty poor WiFi. Do you have an old BT router? These can be used and are better devices, you will find setting instructions on the Router board.

Be aware that Plusnet speed guarantees do not apply to wireless performance so if you cancel because of poor wireless performance you will be hit with termination charges.

When complaining be aware that whilst Plusnet seem to turn a blind eye to using the residential service for business it's contrary to the Ts and Cs.

Plusnet are not all bad and hopefully you will find the help you need from posting on this forum.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @JMC71,

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry you're having issues with the service.

To clarify you're correct, the 2704n router (Hub Zero) is only a single band router so you can't split the frequencies, though manual channel changes can be achieved through the router if there's interference.

Would it be possible to explain though what is happening when attempting to connect these two devices. Do you have any other devices having issues too? Looking at the connection logs there appears to be some connectivity as there is a good amount of data usage on the connection. 

As @dvorak has noted can you try disabling IPv6 on the Macs to see if this makes any difference?

JMC71

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yeh we have no complaint with the WiFi connectivity so far for the devices we HAVE connected - just some issues with these two devices in particular. (They say connected to the router but “no internet Access” or “you are not connected” when we try to go to a website etc.)

We will try disabling IPV6 as suggested and get back to you if needed.

Thanks for the help.

JMC