cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection to all but 5GHz WiFi

AdrianW

Lost connection to all but 5GHz WiFi

Yesterday I setup a new Plusnet Hub One and successfully connected multiple devices.

However this morning, only the devices that were using 5GHz WiFi could still connect.

The 2.4GHz devices could no longer see the SSID being broadcast and the LAN did not connect.

In Advanced Settings - Home Network - Devices all the devices were listed but only the 5GHz were "Connected".  The rest were "Not Connected".

The LAN device is a set top box so I didn't do any particular investigation to see in what way the connection was broken.

Restarting the router fixed the issue but to me this is pretty broken behaviour for a brand new router.

My first thoughts are to get the router replaced but I am also wondering if there are any other (firmware?) fixes.

The box is currently running 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Lost connection to all but 5GHz WiFi

2.4 band is most heavily populated; d/load a wifi analyser app to determine which channels in your
vicinity are least used. Then adjust (via the router), the allocated band to a less busy channel.
AdrianW

If it had just been the 2.4GHz connection that was down, I would agree that it could be the result of contention.  But the LAN was completely down as well.

I expect WiFi to be flaky but not LAN.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I#d agree with you there @AdrianW

Seems strange that the LAN connection is dropping as well as the 2.4GHz. I've just processed a new router to be sent out to you anyway, hopefully that should sort the problem. Give us a shout if you have any further issues at all once it has arrive. P&P fees have also been waived on this occasion.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
AdrianW

I realise that I didn't reply to this.  Which was very rude of me.

Thank you very much for your very rapid response.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Not to worry @AdrianW, we're here to help after all Smiley Just let us know if you have any further issues and we'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team