cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of wireless connectivity but ethernet connections are OK

HA

Loss of wireless connectivity but ethernet connections are OK

My ethernet connections are working but wireless keeps dropping out.

This started yesterday evening and has continued up until now.

I have turned everything off and rebooted several times but to no avail

Checked internet connectivity

Green ticks against DSL, ATM, PPP, IP

Red cross against Internet

Any guidance / suggestions greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Loss of wireless connectivity but ethernet connections are OK

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @HA

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

I can see you spoke with our support team who arranged an engineer visit for today.

How has your connection been since their visit?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@HA 

Which router?

Your description sounds like the Hub Zero (aka 2704n).  I have seen these stop for WiFi whilst still working for ethernet connected devices.  If DSL / PPP are all up and Ethernet devices are connecting to the internet without issue, then I am unsure why an engineer is on route.  Restarting the router clears down the WiFi not working issue - I found that this needed to be done alternate weeks.

If it is a Qube engineer (2 hour slot schedules) then they are able to change the router if required.

What is reporting "no internet" the computing device or the router admin pages?  I do recall TG582n routers fibbing about the connection state.  Use the following to verify which router you have.

Check you router lights

Your router lights can tell you a great deal about what is happening when things are not as they should be. The colour of the lights and their state will tell you all you need to know ... if only you could find the help sheet which came with the router. That information can also be found in the depths of the on-line help & support guides. The following links make the material easier to find.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.