cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing ethernet connection from PC to Hub One several times a day

Jomega

Losing ethernet connection from PC to Hub One several times a day

I am losing ethernet connection to Hub One several times a day. I don’t use WiFi.

When this happens, I notice I’ve lost  internet connection, but my ethernet shows as still connected on my computer’s network adapter settings. However, I am then unable to even connect to the Plusnet Hub One on the 192.168.1.254 address from a browser (normally it's no problem). The LED light on the Hub One remains steady Blue, suggesting it has not lost internet connection.

It doesn’t go away; the only solution is to power the Hub One off and on again, then problem goes away, only to return later at random intervals between one hour and many hours – obviously this is a major problem when I’m on an internet call!

I’m on an ADSL connection (36Mbps)

The power up LED sequence of Hub One lights is:

Steady Green for 25 secs

Flashing Green for 17 secs

Steady Blue for 16 secs

Flashing Orange for 60 secs

Steady Orange for 50 secs

Steady Blue again after a total of almost 3 mins (and then I’m connected to internet OK).

I don’t remember the Orange light originally coming on after the first Blue light before, so I’m mentioning it in case it’s relevant.

I’ve had the Hub One for 2 1/2  years; this has been happening for a week.

Seems like the Hub One is faulty.

Any ideas? If it is faulty will Plusnet replace it free of charge?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Jomega

Re: Losing ethernet connection from PC to Hub One several times a day

UPDATE:

It 'may' just have been a dodgy network cable. I've replaced it and update if issue returns.

I'm still interested to hear if 3 mins is normal for booting up (should it go blue and then back to orange for 2 mins before going back to steady blue)

thnaks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Losing ethernet connection from PC to Hub One several times a day

Hi @Jomega,

The Hub One can take 2-3 minutes to boot up sometimes, but yeah, the sequence is as you've described.  Blue > Orange > Back to blue again. Please let us know if you experience any further issues and we'll be happy to help out. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team