cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection

NapalmAndChips
Hooked

Losing connection

My Hub One is losing connection regularly (>once a day). The main light remains blue, but no devices connected to it can access the internet (websites report a DNS timeout). On restarting the router, it takes a while to regain a connection, including a stage with an orange main light and orange broadband light. However, it regains a connection without fail (so far). This is obviously an inconvenience I would like to be rid of!

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Losing connection

Apologies that you're having problems with your connection.

The main light remains blue, but no devices connected to it can access the internet (websites report a DNS timeout).

Is this the same across wired and wireless devices?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NapalmAndChips
Hooked

Yep, ethernet and wifi connected devices all have the same problem.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If/when this happens again, can you try browsing to the router's admin pages and seeing if you can access them please, preferably from a device using ethernet to the router. To get to the router admin pages open a browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in to the address bar.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NapalmAndChips
Hooked

I've successfully navigated to the hub's admin pages on multiple occasions (whilst suffering this disconnection). It states that it is connected to broadband.