cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Router Upgrade

MylesHSG

Looking for Router Upgrade

Hi.

Been a customer with Plusnet for several years now. Just moved into a 3 bed house with solid brick walls. My standard Hub One was fine in my old 1 bed flat but struggling with WiFi signal both upstairs and in the kitchen at the back of the house.

I'm not really a tech guy, I can do the basics or follow a guide pretty well. I don't really want to go down the route of extenders as I don't like the idea of having to change connection points on phones/laptops and I don't really want to have to keep explaining it to my girlfriend every other day that she needs to connect to this point in the kitchen and this one if she's upstairs. The mesh systems seem ideal then, but the costs put me off, don't really want to spend well into 3 figures if it can be helped.

Seen people recommend a BT Smart Hub 6, but again I'm worried that the performance upgrade might not be enough to punch though 3/4 brick walls to get to the kitchen, although if you say its worth a try I guess a £30 punt might be worth it.

In regards to other routers do I need to get a router/modem combo or can I just connect a new router to my Hub One and disable the Hub One's WiFi? Or is it easier just to scrap the Hub One and get a single combo unit. And what units do you recommend?

1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Looking for Router Upgrade

@MylesHSG 

I read reports of Smarthubs selling for less than £10. Why not try one? The setting instructions are pinned at the top of this board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'