cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate Hub One Firmware Update?

LF
Dabbler

Legitimate Hub One Firmware Update?

I reset my Hub One last night and was alarmed to see the message "updating Plusnet Hub One will erase all user-defined settings".  It showed the current firmware as Sagem_PH1 version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 and the updated one as "version".

I cancelled the update as I wasn't sure if it was legitimate or not.  Surely it shouldn't erase my settings?

8 REPLIES 8
gavininwales
Grafter

Re: Legitimate Hub One Firmware Update?

My new Hub (which arrived yesterday) is loaded with 

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1

Hope that helps

Gavin

LF
Dabbler

Thanks, it looks as though there isn't a firmware update - so what was the message I was sent all about?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

When you said "I reset my Hub One last night" did you mean you merely rebooted it? If not, resetting it would be for erasing all user-defined settings, so it's probably expected behaviour.

LF
Dabbler

I actually disconnected using the 192 etc interface and then reconnected an hour or so later.  Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

LF
Dabbler

Could someone from Plusnet answer this for me, please?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@LF wrote:

I reset my Hub One last night...

Can you elaborate on what you mean? How did you reset it?

@LF wrote:

I actually disconnected using the 192 etc interface and then reconnected an hour or so later.  Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

So you just disconnected/reconnected, is that right?

On what page were you when you were presented with the update message?

I would be extremely surprised if this was anything sinister.

@gavininwales wrote:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1

This is the latest firmware and to my knowledge we've not pushed anything more recent Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

LF
Dabbler

I used the web interface to disconnect from the internet.  I then used it, about an hour later, to re-connect.  It was then that the message appeared.  I'm rather alarmed by the possibility of remote configuration/alteration of the router and found that I was logged in with someone else's user name a few weeks ago.  It had been changed remotely somehow but Plusnet's customer support could not explain how it had happened.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Thanks, although I'm still none the wiser I'm afraid. The only place I've seen a message similar to that you mention, is on an orphaned page of the router interface that's used for firmware upgrades, i.e. you wouldn't have accidentally stumbled across it. Would be useful if you could grab a screen shot should it happen again.

I can disable the remote management of your device if you like, but you'll be exempt from any future firmware updates. I've no idea how the login credential issue could have arisen but can check your device isn't associated with any other accounts if you private message me the serial number.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵