cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep needing to reboot Plusnet Hub One

redmantra

Keep needing to reboot Plusnet Hub One

Hi,

Just looking to see if Plusnet have a new router as I've had mine for around 15 months now and have noticed, especially when going to bed at night, I can hear the router making a noise.  Also, recently my family looses connection as does Now TV and I haver to reboot router and all works again, but still making a noise.  Currently running with Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 08/03/19.  I'm surprised there's been no newer firmware since March last year.  Just concerned as there are more people at home now using zoom for meetings and college and wondering if this router can handle multiple zoom calls at the same time.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff.

3 REPLIES 3
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Keep needing to reboot Plusnet Hub One

@redmantra   Welcome to the forums

Regarding Now TV is that connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? If via Wi-Fi then you might need to logon to your Hub One 192.168.1.254 and then go to the advanced settings and then Wireless and separate out the 2.4 and 5GHz so they are not syncing together, you will need to change one of the SSID names. Its a known issue for some people.

Avoid rebooting the router as much as possible otherwise the line will start to think you have a fault and slowly reduce your download speed. 

Regarding the noise it seems the Hub One have a bit of a of a history with this. Mine is fine (touch wood). But have heard of others with the issue.

I am assuming you are on FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet), the more upload speed and download you have the better for things like Zoom meetings because the connections have to shared be across your connections

redmantra

Thanks Wakeman.  Yes it's FTTC.  Only have 6 up and 38 down, so assume the 6 is the issue when multiple zoom calls on the go.  Was contemplating buying a router that has better WiFi coverage in the house, but not sure if the expense would give me any better performance.  With regards to the 2.4 and 5, I do have them syncing, so will change that.  Should i be pushing Now TV through any particular one, 2.4 or 5?

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@redmantra 

Some people round here have purchased a HomeHub 6 via Ebay as they are supposedly better especially for Wi-Fi and they have been going for around 30 quid.  The Plus One is a rebadged older Home Hub 5a

There is a big thread on these forums about using the Home Hub 6 instead of the Plus One.

Re Now TV I don't know which they work on best, but would try the 2.4Ghz first and see how that goes