Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep losing connection

Sapphie
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Keep losing connection

For the past 2 weeks or so we are regularly losing our internet connection - several times a day. If I reset the router or unplug, replug it in, the service gets restored but the same will likely happen again later in the day.

Sometimes we get the issue after a period of inactivity -e.g. I come back to my computer after an absence, am able to browse to a couple of web pages and then it just fails to load the next one. Also, the internet is often down when trying it first thing in the morning, after no activity overnight.

We are only light web and email users. I have tried replacing the microfilters and at first I thought that solved it but the issue has returned. 

I wonder if anyone at Plusnet can tell what might be going on? The last outage was at about 12:13 today.

The only change within the environment has been that I have replaced an Android phone with an iPhone 6S but we get the issue even with that switched off, so I doubt this is the cause.

As a long-time Plusnet customer we are still on out Thomson 585 router. Are we eligible for a new router if that might solve the issue?

Thanks

Lee

2 REPLIES 2
Sapphie
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Keep losing connection

I should add that I have already tried changing our wireless channel, with no improvement.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Keep losing connection

Hi Sapphie, thanks for trying what you can. As you've updated some of your devices it might be a good idea to try a more up-to-date router. We can likely supply one free of charge if you'd be interested in re-contracting with us?

I've just checked your account however and we are seeing disconnections being recorded, line tests don't show an obvious cause but it would be worth us focusing on that in particular. 

Please try following the checks here next https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ once those are out of the way you can report a fault with us over at http://faults.plus.net

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team