Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just another firmware upgrade request

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Just another firmware upgrade request

Hiya @Chilternphil, thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry for the delay in your firmware update being picked up.

I've had a check of the request I sent and it hasn't yet been picked up by the team, checking other requests it does look like the team are quite behind with requests but I'm sure they will get this picked up as soon as they can.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Chilternphil
Dabbler

Lauren

Many thanks. Noted this afternoon that the software update date had changed to today though router still reported old version. Thought I would restart the router and it now shows its at the latest version.  Now to see if house network is more reliable as we use all the devices.

Again thanks to all.  Phil

antonyR
Dabbler

Hey
I have plusnet Hub One Router. My current firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 last update unknown
My internet has been slowing down I’m pay for unlimited fibre extra broadband but olny get speed up to 20or30mb it’s been playing last 4 weeks my son has to trun off and on again needle everyday and speed go up to 66mb so think my firmware need update please can you fix it please
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @antonyR, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the issues with your service! I can understand this must be frustrating for you and your son.

I have just tested the line and this hasn't detected any faults and we are seeing a stable connection, so does suggest the issue is with the wireless signal. If you have wired connections that are also impacted however, I would advise to have a run through our troubleshooting here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/. Should this not the resolve the issue, you can log a fault for further investigation here: https://faults.plus.net

I have sent a request over to our Products Team to have your firmware updated, the request should be picked up within the next 3-5 working days so after this period, give your router a reboot.

In the meantime, I would advise to split your routers wireless frequencies, as this helps with a lot of wireless issues. You can follow the steps below to do this but if you do have any issues completing the steps, let me know and I can amend this remotely from our side for you.

1) Connect a device to your Hub One, once done you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254.

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'.

4) Turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

You will now see 2 available network connections in your settings (if the device is compatible) and can pick which one to use. Please note that the 5GHz has a stronger signal, however, not all devices support this and the range isn't as good. 2.4GHz is what most routers use so can often encounter interference but with that being said, it has a better range and therefore is better used for devices used further away from the router or that aren't stationary.

Let us know how things go.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
antonyR
Dabbler

I have done what u said about turn the sync off 2.4Ghz wireless to off and update the SSID to be different and put 5Ghz end has own connections I hope this work

Thanks for your help check in next few days reboot my router for the update
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Thanks for getting back to us @antonyR and confirming you've made the changes. Please do let us know how it goes after a few days once the update has been pushed through too.

antonyR
Dabbler

Hi have reboot the router today but the firmware still hasn’t been updated
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @antonyR,

I'm very sorry to hear that's the case. I've had a look at this and I can see the request put through to the team hasn't been picked up just yet, though this will hopefully be processed soon. If this still hasn't been updated on your end in the next few days, please drop us another message and we'd be happy to chase this up with the team.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
antonyR
Dabbler

Hi my plusnet router has updated now
Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.3 Last updated 16/11/21
Thanks for your help
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear that's gone through @antonyR! Please let us know if there are any further issues and we'll be happy to help out Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
snaqvy
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ @LaurenB 

Could I also request an update of my router to the latest 289.1.3 firmware? I'm curently on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 | Last updated 30/04/20

experiencing similar issues to those on this thread and connection dropouts. my forum name is also my plusnet name.

TIA!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @snaqvy,

I've had a look over the account this evening and I can see that a new router has been ordered since you sent this message. Please let us know how you get on with the new router and we'll be happy to pick this back up for review should there be any issues Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@snaqvy - I've just pushed a firmware update to your router. Up to you if you want to swap it out for the new one when it turns up. I'd suggest leaving things for a few days at least. See how you get on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

snaqvy
Grafter

Thanks @bobpullen @TheMightyAJ 

now running Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.3 Last updated 25/11/21

will try this for a few days to see if it stabilises things. The main issues now is the connection seems to get banded after a few days and creeps slowly down.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming that @snaqvy. Just let us know how it goes and we'll be happy to take a further look into this with you should any problems arise Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team