Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just another firmware upgrade request

Gaa
Hooked

Just another firmware upgrade request

Hi,
I have a Plusnet Hub One router. My current firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263. My Plusnet Access Control always shows the time in GMT, it does not move to BST in the summer which is irritating.

I recently visited a friend with the same router but his Plusnet Access Controls showed in BST. His firmware version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.1.

I have tried to trigger a firmware upgrade by doing a Reset on the router but over 48 hours later it has not happened.
Therefore, please would you now update my firmware to the latest version as I hope that will fix my GMT/BST issue.
29 REPLIES 29
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Just another firmware upgrade request

Gaa
Hooked

I'd looked to change the time myself but I couldn't find where to do it - perhaps I missed a screen, can you advise where, please.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Gaa

I've just raised a request to our products team to update the firmware in your router to fix the issue, which should be done within the next 5 working days. Let us know if there are further issues afterwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gaa
Hooked

Thank you very much @Gandalf.
nickhoare

Me too please as I'm hoping it fixes my issues

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 08/03/19

Having recent issue with the Internet dropping when connected over WiFi.  Seems to affect Windows machines worst.  They drop out after 15 minutes or so.  The iPad does so occasionally but that may be because I have an extender that it it might be reconnecting to if it has both signals, so that total drop-outs are less frequent. Seeing these in the log

18:02:23, 11 Aug.IN: BLOCK [12] Spoofing protection (IGMP 192.168.1.254-​>224.0.0.22 on ptm0.101)
18:02:16, 11 Aug.IN: BLOCK [12] Spoofing protection (IGMP 80.189.56.149-​>224.0.0.22 on ppp3)
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @nickhoare, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. I've requested with our products team that the firmware update is also pushed out to you and this should be completed in the next 5 days.
In the meantime and moving forwards anyway, I'd advise if you haven't already to look into splitting apart your 2.4ghz and 5Ghz wireless frequencies as I've found ipads in particular can have trouble when trying to automatically adjust from one frequency to the other. In which case, if you follow the steps below this should hopefully also help on the wireless front moving forwards for you.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'.

4a) To split up the frequencies:
What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'No' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

Press apply at the bottom and this should now allow you which of the 2 frequencies your devices connect to and this should hopefully help remedy connection issues on the ipad. Let us know how it goes and how the connection is also looking in 5 days time.

nickhoare

Have found the settings you described and have separated the 5G network. So far all connections including my BosTrend Wifi extender are working OK.  Not yet seen firmware upgrade.

Gaa
Hooked

@Gandalf, my firmware was updated on 25th August so is took a few days longer than you suggested but job done, so thank you.
My original reason for requesting was because I thought it would trigger my router clock to recognise BST but it is still showing GMT. @Gel suggested that the router clock time could simply be updated but I haven't found anywhere to do that, can you advise please?
Chilternphil
Dabbler

Hi Ben,

have similar drop our problem (just not with Apple). I note my router reports 83.8.263 installed 19/02/19 so can i get added to the update please.

best regards  Phil

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Gaa, I'm pleased the update has now gone through. I'm sorry you are still having issues with the clock in the router. I'll be honest in that I'm not sure how this can be updated and so have raised the query to our products team for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Chilternphil, I am sorry that you are experiencing some drop outs. I have sent a request off to our products team for you to have the firmware updated, please just allow up to 5 working days for this to happen.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Chilternphil
Dabbler

Wow Thanks and on a Bank Holiday weekend too.  Will keep an eye open for it next week.

Gaa
Hooked

Thank you @LaurenB !
Chilternphil
Dabbler

Hi Lauren

Had a look today and router still shows the 'old' 8.263 software dated Feb 2019.  Anything I need to do?

best  Phil