cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Wifi dropping out and weak signal strength

ndarvill

Issues with Wifi dropping out and weak signal strength

We have recently moved house and the Wifi has significantly declined since moving. I've been through Plusnet's troubleshooting guidance, including channel switching, but this has not helped. The event log suggests devices are connecting and disconnecting quite frequently.

Wifi was great in our previous, albeit smaller place. Seriously concerned about this as will be working from home with multiple conference calls. Help please!!!

2 REPLIES 2
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Issues with Wifi dropping out and weak signal strength

Welcome to the Forum @ndarvill 

I wonder whether the problem is a weak signal - what do the devices say about the signal? - or something else

For what it's worth, there is a known issue with the Hub One that relates to it connecting on 2 frequencies.. By default they have the same ID which can cause some kit - particularly but not exclusively ithings - to lose connection. The advice is to give them different IDs, See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...for how to do it.

I don't know whether this will solve your problem, and I suspect that it isn't the solution, but it is something that it may be worthwhile to try. .

Please let us know how you get on.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Issues with Wifi dropping out and weak signal strength

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'