cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a new Plusnet Router coming soon?

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Is there a new Plusnet Router coming soon?

fwiw, Openreach also wish to phase out the old PSTN network (analogue phone) by 2025. (Apparently, ADSL broadband is not affected) I read there are already 'Stop Sell' order restrictions on a growing number of exchanges for PSTN.  It appears another 100 exchanges will be added to the list next month.

This surely would mean a new customer wishing to join Plusnet for FTTP, FTTC, or ADSL, and require a phone service on those exchanges, would have to use something similar to BT's 'Digital Voice' service.

Only the current Smart hub 2 has phone jacks on the back for a customer's own telephone handsets.  It probably wouldn't make sense to offer the Smart Hub 1 ?

If it is indeed true that BT customers will see a new Smart Hub 3, then it's not unreasonable to assume new Plusnet customers may get the older Smart Hub 2 ?   

All speculation of course.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@bmc the site says it's not available yet so I imagine they haven't flicked the switch, so to speak..

Annie
Annie
Rising Star

@Baldrick1 I do sympathise. I don't think it's right at all to not get everyone on at least some sort of fibre connection.

Annie
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Annie 

I assume the CityFibre site confirmed it was coming, just not yet. At least you now know the options currently available to you should you feel the need for speed!

One last thing to point out is that CityFibre "wholesale" their network so you would have a small choise of ISP's. One of these is Zen Internet who have a good reptuation and provide a well regarded router.

https://www.zen.co.uk/broadband/ultrafast-fibre-broadband/fullfibre900plus

Brian

Annie
Rising Star

@bmc - yes that's what it said on the site. By some strange co-incidence I just got a leaflet in the post from CityFibre telling me that it's coming soon and to sign up to find out when. Spooky!

Annie
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Annie 

Not so spooky - many people won't have seen the vans or not realised what they meant so notifying everybody is a sound business move. The sooner people sign up the sooner the network starts earning money to pay for itself.

I got a leaflet in from OpenReach to tell me that FTTP was available - about a year after I got a connection.

Brian

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Can this please revert to the original topic - this board isn't for other providers discussion. 

Please start a new topic in tech help if needed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'