Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Plusnet Hub One VDSL or VDSL2 ?

scottbouch
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Is the Plusnet Hub One VDSL or VDSL2 ?

As above please...

I'm looking into replacing the Hub One with a self-configured OpenWRT router for control over privacy, but want to find a replacement router of the right protocol / technology to make the most out of my connection.

Thanks, Scott.

4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Is the Plusnet Hub One VDSL or VDSL2 ?

Hi scott,
You might find this post on the kitz forum useful if you are looking to find a replacement router for the HubOne:
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14436.0.html

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

You are asking the wrong question, which should be: is BT FTTC VDSL or VDSL2?

I believe that the answer is VDSL2 but you can do your own Google search.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

scottbouch
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi Baldrick1; lack of a difinitive answer found via searching the internet led me to asking the question on the forum. Ideally I just wanted to find a datasheet / specification of it's capabilities.

I was wondering if the hardware of the One Hub router is capable of VDSL or VDSL2 speeds (or both), as when I replace it I will get one that uses the same technology, so I can be confident that it'll work with my plusnet subscription.

No point in going for VDSL2 to find it won't work with plusnet's VDSL service, or vice-versa..

The BT street cabinet does have fibre, however, I'm unsure as to the standard of their (BT's) fibre network.

Jaread83, Thanks for the link to that list of alternative routers, I'll have a read and see which are supported by OpenWRT and choose a good model to re-flash with the custom firmware.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

I confess to knowing nothing about openWRT but am now totally confused. As all iopenWRT is is different firmware for the router then surely any router from the @jaread83 list will be compatible with the BT infrastructure? All it needs to be is capable of supporting  openWRT.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'