Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone connectivity

FIXED
Breadman
Dabbler

Iphone connectivity

Hi

I have recently switched to Plusnet. I connected my router and all the extenders etc to the new router without a problem. All going well for a week or so. Then for no reason whatsoever both my wife and my iphone connect to the main router, on a FULL signal, but can not load web pages. If we switch to one of the range extenders in the house the issue is resolved or if we switch to 4g.

I had not changed anything at that point. I read on here that a reset of the router and pairing everything back up will correct the issue. Sadly it hasn't. Has anyone else come across this? It really is so frustrating.

Any help will be appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Iphone connectivity

@Breadman  Welcome to the forum.

If you are on fibre then try separating the 2.4 and 5GHz bands see. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840
Try each band in turn and use the best.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Breadman
Dabbler

Hi

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have changed the 5ghz and renamed it. However I still can not load web pages from my iphone or my wife's. Say for instance I try to load BBC News the page comes up with "Username or Password is incorrect. Please refer to the troubleshooting below"

If I disable wifi I can load pages instantly on 4g. Or if I choose one of the range extenders I can load pages.

Breadman
Dabbler

After separating the 2.4ghz & 5ghz I now can not load pages on any iphone at all now including the extenders. In fact my wife's PC has no internet and the TV stream stick has no connectivity. It gets worse Sad 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Breadman 

Are your devices connecting onto the 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless when you're having issues browsing?

Can you also try disconnecting your extender from the router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Breadman
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Sorry for the tardy reply. Yes I got sorted in the end. After separating the bands I was failing to rename them. I did this and also renamed the main title. Voila all working.

However I don't know whether you have had any feedback on the router that Plusnet use. I believe it is a rebranded BT one?Huh

The problem I'm having (and I didn't with the TalkTalk fast router on the same network configuration) is that my upstairs PC keeps losing the internet. I have tried resetting everything but can't find a solution. My PC is connected via Powerline adapters that all work okay.

Thank you Dale

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dale,

Ah nice. Glad to see you've got your wireless working OK now.

As far as I'm aware the Hub One is based on a BT Homehub 5 Type A. It's probably a big ask unless you have a long ethernet cable at hand or a PC closer to the router or a laptop. Can you try a direct ethernet connection to rule out the powerline?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Breadman
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Will do. I will route it out tomorrow and give it a go. I'll be back...a bit quicker this time!

Cheers

Dale

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good Dale, no problem.

(I read 'I'll be back' in Arnie's voice 😁)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Breadman
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

I'm back (in Arnie's voice 😂)

The ethernet cable, albeit a little old, is about 2 metres too short. So I've ordered one today.

As soon as I have a result I'll let you know.

Thank you for your support 👍

Dale

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Breadman
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf.

Received the cable today. So currently I have it running directly to the router downstairs. Everything seems stable. So which way do I go now?

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hasta la vista

Hi Dale,

Sounds like it may indicate the powerline adapter although it's interesting that the issue just began when you swapped the router out from the TalkTalk one. Not sure what else I can suggest, we're aware there are a couple of issues with the existing firmware though so it may be related. We're in the process of updating everybody's routers to a newer version which we've begun and should come through within the next couple of months.

In the meantime if your TalkTalk router's not locked down to them, try setting it up to work with us, you'll need the connection details found here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ though. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Breadman
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

I thought of using the old (well only 18 months old) TalkTalk router as an AP. However I might give your suggestion a go.

Any idea when the firmware update will be released?

Cheers

Dale

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dale,

Using the TalkTalk router as an access point isn't a bad idea (if you can't get it working as a router with us)

The new firmware fixes a few other issues including this one Here. Judging by Bob's post there, we hoped to have it released to the masses by now but we've encountered a delay we're working through so hopefully not much longer.

Your friendly neighbourhood wizard,

Cheers,

Gandalf (Anoush)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet