Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet of things

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Internet of things

LeeT

I have been using the Sonoff for more than a couple of years now and find it excellent.  I use it to turn the heating in my house in France on and off remotely from the UK.  I used to have a DTMF telephone switch for longer than I can remember, which was not as simple or as reliable as the Sonoff.  So I have no complaints.

I am just a little surprised that you find the control difficult through the App.  You just tap the "Switch" icon to turn it on and tap it again to turn it off.  It could not be simpler.  There is also a small "Clock" icon for a seven day timer which is equally as simple.

In my house in the UK, I actually use the same sort of thing, but it is an internet switch and socket all in one called "G-Homa".  It has the same features as the Sonoff but more expensive of course, but equally as easy to use, I find.  I bought mine for £15 when it was on special at B&Q but I see you can buy them on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMJ-Electrical-G-Homa-Wi-Fi-Wirelss-Control-Socket-Plug-For-Tv-Radio-Ster....

Both the Sonoff and the G-Homa have Apps for mobile phone to be downloaded, but maybe you do not have the latest version of the software.

LeeT

Re: Internet of things

Thanks Sherman’s for your reply. I’m using the sonoff version with h and t sensor, and I rewired the relay for nc instead of no contacts. Hence I am using it to actually control and time the heating. I will be adding zoning using smart trv’s I think, or at least electronic trv’s - these are really cheap in Germany, not here yet though.

Cheers