cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet light red

NCS

Internet light red

Hi there,
I received my router this morning and also the message saying that my service is ready to use unfortunately the router won't connect properly. Ive done the tricks; turning it off for 15 mins and the reset button but it the internet light is still red.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
hursty
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Internet light red

I had the same issue, and it continues

try going to hub manager

advanced settings/broadband

Where it says broadband username and password, make sure these are correct. you might see"plusnet set up" or something

My router was set up wrong. It should be plug and play, but it wasnt

if it doesnt show your chosen username password etc, change them and hit connect

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like you were able to connect shortly after this message. Let us know if there's anything we can help with

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scopio1
Dabbler

Very strange, my PlusNet router suddenly showed the internet light red but I still have an internet connection. I will try and reboot the router and the pc to see if it will connect and show the internet light back to green.

scopio1
Dabbler

Just restarted the pc with the internet red light on the router still on and I still have internet connection. I will now see if by rebooting the router the light turns back to green.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is this with a technicolor 582 by any chance? If so I wouldn't worry about the light being red unless you experience connection problems.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scopio1
Dabbler

Yes technicolor 582. Just rebooted the router and the light turned back to green.