cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent drops in wifi broad band

boyobach

Intermittent drops in wifi broad band

For several weeks now I have been experiencing intermittent drops in my wifi connection both on my phone, laptop and tablet. These drops can last from a few minutes to a few hours. Its most frustrating and I'm close to changing my provider if it continues like this as I have to work from home during the current situation and these drops are not acceptable

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Intermittent drops in wifi broad band

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@boyobach   Welcome to the forum.d

The first thing that needs to be determined is whether you are losing the broadband connection to your hub or if this is a wireless problem.
Do you lose the connection on devices connected to the hub with an Ethernet cable? Which hub have you got? Are the lights on it changing when you lose the connection? if so please describe what they are doing.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Baldrick1 - the underlying broadband connection looks pretty stable.

@boyobach - we're currently in the midst of deploying a router update that resolves some known stability issues with the Wi-Fi. I've just pushed the update your way. You'll need to power your hub off/back on to apply it, but hopefully it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

boyobach

Hi - thanks for trying to help with regards to my problem with the wifi, however the issue still remains. I can confirm that my TV which is hard-wired to the router continues to work in regards to BBC IPlayer, Amazon Prime streaming services even when my wifi is "not available" so this issue is not related to any drop in the broadband but rather seems specifically related to the WIFI signal and affects primarily my IPhone and my wife's Android phone.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@boyobach 

I assume that you powered off your hub and left it a couple of minutes before switching back on to pick up the new firmware?

The other thing to try is to separate the 2.4 and 5GHz bands, see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

When you look for available wireless networks on your devices you will then see the two SSIDs.. Try each in turn and use the best. The password is the same for both.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'